Summer approaches, you have to make sure that your home is ready and prepared for summer. Plumbing is one of the most important systems of your house. In order to prepare for the summer, consider the following tips:
1. PROPER GARBAGE DISPOSAL: Summer is the best time for lots of cookouts and parties. However, if you fail to properly dispose off all the waste foods, then you will fall in trouble. Waste foods may be organic in nature and can cause great damage to your disposal unit. You should be very careful especially when dealing with hard fruits like watermelon or corn husks and celery. Cooking oil is also not good for your disposal unit. While disposing the foods, it is advisable to run some cold water to make sure that there are no tiny remains of any food.
2. KEEP AN EYE ON THE SEWER LINE: Another problem in the summer is the probability of your sewer line getting damaged. If you live in an area which is prone to summer rain showers, then it is important to have your sewer line inspected. Rain water can enter into your sewer line through tiny cracks and cause damage. Also in some cases, the tree roots expand under the ground and crack the pipes. To make sure that this does not happen, it is advisable to call an experienced plumber to look after your sewer line. Otherwise, if your sewer line gets damaged severely, you may have to replace it.
3. CHECK YOUR SPRINKLERS: Before the arrival of summer, it is important to check the sprinklers and clean their heads. In order to make sure that you are not wasting any water, you should call a plumber before the summer system to have a look at your sprinklers. Also while you mow your lawn, ensure that the sprinkler heads are lowered, otherwise you may damage them.
4. MAKE SURE THAT YOUR WASHING MACHINE IS READY: Summer is usually a busy month for your washing machine. Spending more time at the beach or pool means more dirty laundry, which results in additional pressure on your washing machine. Your washing machine should be ready to bear the extra load. Hence, it is advisable to call an expert to make sure that there are no cracks or leaks in your machine. Also try to keep your washing machine some distance away from the walls to avoid formation of leaks.
5. SEARCH FOR LEAKS: Water conservation is extremely important during the summer months. In order to make sure that there is no unnecessary loss of water, inspect the faucets properly for any leaks. First turn them on and then off. After turning them off, carefully check whether there are any leaks. If the leakage is persistent, an expert should be called.
6. CLOGGED TOILETS: Toilets are also over used during the summer months. Make sure that you do not use excess amounts of toilet paper and flush only when it is necessary. Common clogs are very easy to clear, but for severe problem, you will need a specialist.
Thank you John from BestPlumbingpros for these helpful tips.